Though over 50 percent of Americans have limited activity due to foot pain according to the American Podiatric Medical Association, only a portion of those Americans get help from a foot doctor. That poor choice is a reason why some Americans have major foot problems as they age that make walking and working a challenge. Learn more about foot pain treatments offered at American Foot & Ankle Specialists in Scottsdale and Sun City, AZ.
Reasons for Foot Pain
In most cases, foot pain happens over a period of time due to wearing poorly designed shoes, like high heels and flip flops. Here are a few of the most common reasons why patients experience foot pain:
- Heel spurs and plantar fasciitis
- Peripheral neuropathy (common in diabetic patients)
- Torn or stretched ligaments
- Bunions (bone protrusion on the side of the foot)
- Corns, calluses and other growths that rub up against the inside of a shoe
Foot Pain Doesn't Have to Be a Normal Part of Life
Pain is a sign of a problem that could get worse over time. Your foot pain could also start to change the way that you walk. It will make it difficult or even impossible to stand or exercise. For these reasons and more, you shouldn’t accept foot pain as a normal part of life. Simple solutions available at American Foot & Ankle Specialists in Scottsdale and Sun City could reverse the symptoms and restore your feet.
Treatments to Discuss with Your Podiatrist
After the source of your foot pain is diagnosed, your doctor will discuss a number of treatment options. Here are a few of the most common solutions:
- Physical therapy and foot strengthening exercises
- Customized orthotic devices or orthopedic shoes
- Non-Surgical Treatments for Peripheral Neuropathy using Anodyne or MicroVas Electrotherapy
- Pain medications to relieve pain
Get Foot Pain Relief
It's important that you care for your feet -- ongoing pain is a sign that they need urgent attention. Call today to schedule a foot exam with Dr. Michael Stegman or Dr. John Erotas of American Foot & Ankle Specialists in Scottsdale and Sun City, AZ.